CHILD CARE CENTER HOURS: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Parents/Guardians must electronically sign students in and out daily. All persons on the pick up list must have a personal key card to use when dropping off and picking up. Key cards are distributed by the preschool office by permission of the parent or legal guardian. Persons picking up students should always carry a photo identification. Please do not allow students to touch the computer screen or sign in/out for themselves.
- Parents are encouraged to say their “goodbyes” at the classroom door and allow students to enter the class on their own. Show them that you have confidence in their ability to do this and in the teacher’s ability to handle any hesitancy on the part of the students. This will make separation and departure easier for all. Do not engage teachers in conversation, as their duty is to supervise the children in their care.
- Full-day students arriving before 8:00 AM will participate in a period of social playtime in a designated classroom. Full-day students arriving between 6:30 AM and 7:15 AM will be allowed to eat something small, provided by the parent. Teachers pick up their students at 7:50 AM and should be in their classroom by 8:00 AM.
- All students must be in their classroom by 8:00 AM. Full-day students will be served breakfast, lunch, have a rest/nap time and receive an afternoon snack. In the afternoon, full-day students will participate in classroom play & social activities and playground activities until they are picked up.
- The Child Care Center closes at 6:00 PM. A late fee of $10.00 for the first minute, then $1.00 per subsequent minutes will be collected after 6:00 PM. Please arrive at the center by 5:45 PM in order to have ample time to gather up your child and their belongings and be out of the building by 6:00 PM. Please call the office if an emergency arises that will cause you to be late.
- Half-day students are not to arrive before 8:00 AM. Please bring students to the classroom door and wait for the teacher to arrive. Do not allow children to roam the hallways alone. Half-day students will receive breakfast in the morning providing they are present during their classroom’s scheduled breakfast time. Half-day students are to be picked up promptly at 11:30 AM, as teachers have other duties to attend to. Parents should wait in the hallway and allow the teachers to dismiss the children from the classroom to them. Due to infants and toddlers napping during this time, we ask that you please be courteous and wait quietly in the hallways.
- An extended day fee will be charged to the student’s account if they are not picked up by 11:30 AM. Please call the office if an emergency arises that will cause you to be late.
Siblings are not permitted in the classrooms during drop off and pick up.
- A parent/guardian must sign the Parental Choice Certificate at the end of each month to verify your child’s attendance and your desire to continue choosing Warner Christian Academy Preschool for VPK. The Parent Choice Certificate is located at the clock-in desk.
- Students whose absences exceed more than three (3) days monthly may be asked to withdraw. An unexcused absence is one that does not fall into any of the following areas:
- Illness or injury of the child or the child’s family member requiring hospitalization or bed rest
- Physician or dentist appointment
- Infectious disease or parasitic infestation
- Bereavement upon death of the child’s family member
- Compliance with a court order (e.g. visitation, subpoena)
- Special education or related services for the child’s disability
- Observance of a religious holiday or service
- Family vacation, not to exceed five (5) excused absences per program year
- Wrap-around daycare is available for students needing care before 8:00 AM and after 11:30 AM. A fee has been established for wrap-around daycare. Due to space availability, students requiring wrap-around daycare year-round will be given priority. Parents/guardians are responsible for these charges, even when students are absent.
TEACHER DUTY/DAYCARE DAYS
- If your child is receiving wrap-around care, daycare will be provided. If your child is part time (VPK hours only) daycare is not provided. Teacher duty and daycare days are listed on the school calendar.
VPK ONLY STUDENTS
- Hours are 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM, Monday-Friday. Students must arrive to class by 8:00 AM each morning or they will be considered tardy. Students who are consistently tardy may be asked to withdraw. Students are to be picked up from their classrooms by 11:30 AM.
- VPK only students not enrolled in wrap-around daycare are to be picked up by 11:30 AM. Wrap-around charges will be applied to your account if your child is not picked up on time.
All students are to be signed in and out daily. Please use your personal key card to clock in and out each day. Persons picking up students may be asked to show a valid form of picture identification.