HEALTH & SAFETY
Health and safety are of utmost importance to us at Warner Christian Academy Preschool. Here we have included some pertinent information regarding those topics. Please take the time to read through this vital information so that we can continue to make this a safe and inviting environment for our children. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
The following are some general guidelines that we ask our parents and visitors to adhere to in order that we can maintain a safe area for the children:
- If you are visiting our campus, we ask that you please schedule an appointment before arriving. Visitors are requested to check in at the office when they visit the campus to obtain a visitor’s pass. If you have to pick up students during school hours, please check with the preschool office first. Please bring with you a valid form of government issued identification (driver’s license, military ID etc.).
PARKING IS NOT PERMITTED ON BELLEWOOD AVENUE, ON THE CROSSWALKS, OR ANYWHERE IN FRONT OF THE PRESCHOOL BUILDING. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN BEING TICKETED BY THE SOUTH DAYTONA POLICE DEPARTMENT.
- Parents must park in the lot across from the Preschool Building and should enter and exit through the entrance and exit doors, respectively.
- When cars are parked on the road and crosswalks, it obstructs the view and there is danger of small children running into the street between parked cars. It also makes it hard for traffic to get through.
PLEASE USE THE PARKING LOT ACROSS THE STREET AT ALL TIMES – EARLY MORNING, LATE AFTERNOON, RAIN OR SHINE.
Click the following tabs to reveal more detailed health and safety guidelines.
ILLNESS OR ACCIDENT DURING SCHOOL HOURS
- Students who become ill during the school day will be brought to the Preschool Office. Parents will be notified to pick up their child. Clinic facilities are not available; it is the responsibility of the parents to make prompt arrangements for the child to be picked up. You are required to pick up within 45 minutes. If sent home, students are to be symptom-free for 24 hours without the aid of medication or have a doctor’s note stating that they are not contagious before returning to school.
- In case of a serious accident or illness, parents will be notified immediately. If parents cannot be located, emergency numbers listed on emergency form will be used, or if necessary, 911 will be called. Please be sure that at least Two (2) emergency numbers are on file in the Preschool Office. Keep the office updated with any changes throughout the year.
- If an accident or incident occurs during school hours and medical treatment is necessary, the parent/guardian is fully responsible for all cost and expenses incurred in connection with all medical services.
- Parent/guardian assumes the risk of and releases Warner Christian Academy, its staff and representatives from all injury and liability arising out of or relating to daily scheduled activities, special activities conducted or sponsored by Warner Christian Academy.
- School personnel are not permitted to administer any internal medication, including pain reliever, without written parental consent. Parents must provide medication.
- All medication, prescription, and non-prescription must be checked through the Preschool Office and must be in original, labeled bottles, with specific written instructions on use. If the medication is prescribed by a physician, it must have the child’s name on the original container. A Parental Consent form must be filled out and signed before school personnel can administer any medication.
The following rules are in effect for the Child Care Center. We thank you for your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience these may cause you:
- Children with a fever 100.0 or higher, cough, croup, congestion with green or yellow discharge, rash, or signs of intestinal virus (diarrhea, vomiting etc.) cannot be brought to the center. Children with any contagious disease or illness, such as pink eye, chicken pox, hand, foot & mouth, etc. should also be kept home.
- If your child has been diagnosed with a contagious disease or illness, we ask that you please contact the Preschool Office immediately. Doing so will help us minimize the spread of the illness.
- Children who become ill at the center will be isolated, if possible, and parents will be notified. Immediate arrangements must be made for child(ren) to be picked up, within 45 minutes. An emergency number must be on file with the child’s teacher and the day care office in case parents cannot be reached.
- Unless the illness is contagious, children who have been sick but have seen a doctor and are on medication for at least 24 hours may return to the center with a doctor’s note.
- Children who do not see a doctor may return to the center after they have been symptom-free (without a temperature, vomiting, diarrhea etc.) for 24 hours without the aid of medication.
- Medication will not be administered without proper documentation from the doctor stating the child’s name, amount of dosage and the time medication is to be taken by the child. Parents/guardians must also give written permission before medication can be administered. Over-the-counter medication will be administered only with a current parent’s written consent on file.
- Children who cannot go out to the playground should not be brought to the school. The child cannot return to school until they are permitted to go outside. If a parent requests that the child not run around and play outside, the teacher will have the child sit and rest while on the playground.
- Children who have been treated for head lice should not be brought to the center until they are NIT-FREE. Personnel will check children before re-entry is granted.
- Warner Christian Academy conducts periodic emergency drills to ensure the safety of the students while on campus. These include fire drills, tornado drills, lock-downs, and evacuation drills. Teachers will have instructed their students in proper procedures for each emergency. Emergency routes and codes are posted in every room.